The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is a process for men and women to become baptized members of the Catholic Church. Candidates are gradually introduced to Catholic beliefs and practices.
Adults Seeking Baptism
Adults wishing to enroll in RCIA at Holy Rosary should complete the form (click HERE), and submit it to the Parish Center either by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by dropping off the completed form after any weekend Mass or stopping by the Parish Center. Parish staff will be in contact shortly thereafter to discuss the process further.
Pursuant to the Archdiocese of Newark, adults who are not baptized and wish to become members of the Roman Catholic Church should follow the complete process of initiation as outlined in the Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults. They are to:
- Participate in the pre-catechumenate.
- Be chosen for entrance into the catechumenate in the Rite of Acceptance.
- Participate in the catechumenate for a suitable period of time, a least one calendar year.
- Participate in the Rite of Election celebrated in the Cathedral on the First Sunday of Lent.
- Observe Lent as a time of purification and enlightenment.
- Participate in the Scrutinies and the Presentations.
- Receive the Sacraments of Initiation (Baptism, Confirmation and Eucharist) at the Easter Vigil.
- Observe the season of Easter as a time of post-baptismal catechesis (i.e. mystagogy).